Monday, August 31, 2015

#53 I submit to you...

This week was fantastic! We I've been focusing on assuring that I don't become complacent with and that I constantly improve. I've experienced a lot of personal growth along with progress in my area. 

On exchanges with my buddy Elder Barlow we were contacting in the streets. For the last 9-10 months I've pushed myself to talk to everyone, but recently I've wanted to talk to EVERYONE! Whether it be that they are on the bench, with their girlfriend, on a bike, or even parked in a car. We have the greatest message in the world, so we should be running to let everyone know about it! 

We had been stopping a lot of people, and then we saw this young couple. So you understand the culture people in Spain do EVERYTHING on benches. So they were on the bench mingled together (kinda awkward) then we started talking to these two Spaniards. They both started laughing at us.... Ha I was chuckled a little and then somehow the situation changed. We started talking to them about God, and His love for us. We ended up talked to them, and sharing the restoration with them. Their countenance changed. They now had a respectable distance between them, and they were listening and sharing experiences. In the background you could hear some arguments and loud music, but we really felt the Spirit. It was strong and testifying of truth. 

The last experience I'd like to share was when we stopped Ruben. I approached him and he shook his head and finger as if to signal me to leave him alone. I did what I always do when I see that.... Contact them anyway! He told me that he didn't believe in God and wanted nothing to do with us. Using inspired questions we were able to find an experience in which he had prayed, asked God to help him with cancer, and now he has no signs of cancer. We got in deeper and talked for about 30 minutes. At the end of the conversation the Spirit was very powerful and up lifting. It was hands down the most powerful lesson I've had on my mission. We're meeting him this coming week, and he seems very anxious to meet and better understand our Lord's love.


I learned that we never know who someone truly is until we take the time to know them. The Spirit can can people over time, and instantly. God loves us. The church is true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment