Monday, September 7, 2015

#54 "Stories"



These last few weeks have been fantastic! We've had incredible growth here in Azuqueca! I got here looking to do everything right. I wanted to do things by the book and fully invest myself. To make cookies for the members and investigators, allow ALL of my thoughts words and deeds be dedicated to my area. I tried to humble myself, to not do my will with the work, but rather to do the Lord's will. 

Well I'd like to briefly explain some of the bounteous blessings that the Lore has allotted us. 1. Ruben..  I talked about him last week, and now he has a baptismal date! 2. They've now changed the ward mission leader and given us 5 new ward missionaries. Now I don't say this to brag, or to say that I'm any better than anyone else, but rather the opposite. I notice that when I try to do things my way we get okay results, but when we do them the Lord's way the Heavens open and we are elevated to higher planes. 

I'd like to finish with a story that happened last Tuesday. We were going to meet with a less active family. The father is not a member, and the 10 year old son isn't either. We showed up and just kinda started getting in a routine ( I despise routines) my comp was doing a good job explaining principles, but there was just a lot of noise and jokes going along. They've had various visits from the missionaries, but I fear that some one them may not have been that effective. I stopped the lesson and asked them why they thought we were here? They gave off some good answers, and then I pulled out my iPad. I showed them my first screen saver, which is a picture my my family dropping off my cousin at the MTC. Then I told them, " Let me show you why I left these wonderful people." I proceeded to show them my other screensaver which is a picture of the Fuentea family right after their sealing. "Families can be together forever, but I have to be honest, without the gospel of Jesus Christ and the temple.... They can't be" 
Arlet( the mother) started tearing up as did the non member friend. The Spirit was testifying of truth. 

I then directed my attention to Jesus(Arlet's husband) I asked him if he had ever recognized the Spirit? He said that he has felt it a few times during testimony meeting. The Spirit again testified as he shared his experiences. We discussed a little more with him and proceeded to talk to Adriano. I asked him, "Do you know what baptism is?" 
He said, "I do... It's when we make a promise with God that we're going to do the right thing."
"Do you want to get baptized?" 
"When I feel ready." 
"Great answer. What do you think you'll feel when you're ready?" 
"The Spirit" 
I proceeded to ask questions and he then understood that he had felt the Spirit and that he needed to get baptized. We set a date for him. He started crying. He ran over to his mom. He said that he was so happy that he now felt ready and was going to get baptized. I thin addressed the friend (Patricia) and asked her how she felt. She also recognized the Spirit.

Now we have three people with a baptismal date, some great investigators, and a lot of progress. It's truly amazing how God can change us when we simply allow Him to. The church is true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment