Monday, October 27, 2014

#13 Best of Times and Worst of Times

Where do I start... might as well be with the story. 

       My companion that has become my good friend has been in Villalba (My area) for 3 transfers (4 and a half months) We had developed a solid relationship and were finding success. We had transfers and were expecting changes. Elder Weeks took the call and we found out that he was staying and that I was leaving. We had been gathered at the Ordoñez house, and I almost started crying at hearing the news. All of that week we had been telling people that he was most likely leaving. 
       
 The majority of the day on Sunday I spent saying goodbye to these people who I had grown to love and I felt like I was saying goodbye to my family. We went to the Encalada family and as I was walking out the door I looked back and just started balling like a baby. Then so did Patricio and Cecilia.  
     
    We had another few visits to the Lobaco family, the Bota family, and we finished with the Ordoñez family. Ismael is the young man we baptised a few weeks ago. We had a great time talking and laughing. I came out without shedding a tear, but then they said they would walk us out. As I was walking down the stairs I remembered when we had first obtained permission for Isma to get baptised. Then I lost it. Ismael, Victor (Isma`s dad) and I started balling. I have grown to love these people so much in such little time. 

         I felt like I had been robbed of my time, but then Ismael and I were crying and hugging and he said that after a year of missionaries that I was the one to finally get him baptised... Although I wish I had more time there I feel like I was able to be a good tool in the Lord´s hands. Even if the rest of my mission was garbage it would be worth the years of preparation, and the 2 years away from my family knowing that I was able to meet these great people and feel their love and the love of God. 

     I´m now in Talavera with a new companion... I´m pretending that I don´t speak English, but he seems like a good hard worker. Well the Church is true and I´ll write more about my new area next week. Hopefully get some funny stories in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment