Monday, October 20, 2014

#12 GOTTA LOVE THE YOUNG GUYS!


Patricio, Javi, Danni, and Isma! We had a Stake conference, so we took a pic in front of the temple... Where are their smiles? I wish I knew... Haha but I love them so much!

 Hmm... Here's the stories... "Young guys" then about my good friend Carmen. Yeah... that should be a good lineup.

                                                     Young Guys Pt. 1 
     On Thursday we had just gotten failed for the 3rd time. We thought it was going to be a lesson packed day, but there were clearly other plans for us. I was feeling a little down, but I still always say hi to everyone. I said hi to this younger (150 year old) man. He stops and asked me who I was. I told him that I was a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ. My name was Elder Bailey. He asked me if I had ever met Jesus. I'm sure my response surprised him. I told him that I had. He said that he was much older than me and surely knew more. He said that he hasn't seen him. Haha he started yelling at me. I think it was just that he didn't hear very well, or at least that's what I like to think. I shared that I hadn't seen God face to face, but I did know if my heart that Christ loves me and that he loves you too, and that's why I'm here. I gave him a smile, and he said that he couldn't be convinced. We left him with our card, and told him to call us if he ever wanted to talk. Although we had been canceled on a lot it was good to just laugh a little, but it was also good to remind me of my testimony. 

                                                      Young Guys Pt. 2 
      The next day we were contacting. We play this game where we pick who the other person has to contact. So I went to go talk to these Jehovah Witnesses. They are a little harder, but most of them are good people with a similar goal that we have. They had just finished talking to this other old guy... uh.. I mean young guy.. Spaniards just live forever! This man told us not to listen to the Testigos and that we should just believe in ourselves. It was funny because he said that we shouldn't talk to the Jehovah Witnesses right in front of them. He wanted to tell us about his philosophy, but we were in a rush to go to a lesson. For me it was interesting to see how these people had lost their faith in God due to adversities. We'll be meeting with this Maximo (Young guy) later, but I'm sure he'll have some interesting things to tell us. 

       The last person I want to talk about is Carmen! She's an Ecuadorian women. She has a great heart and reminds me of my mom! We get along really well, and we had a lesson about eternal families. We brought a member with us to the lesson. He had just done the work for his dad, and is baptising him in the temple this week! His testimony was so powerful, and the Spirit was clearly there. Carmen loves this aspect of the church and is considering baptism for herself. I'm excited to see where she goes, and I know that the Gospel truly blesses families for eternity!

I know the church is true, and that is brings true joy into people's lives! 

Elder Terry Bailey

The second picture is of a letter opener I bought at a market the other day... I'm not hinting at anything... but my address is in the pic too if you ever get ridiculously bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment