Monday, July 6, 2015

#46 Who am I?


I have been very edified this week. We were able to have a unique service opportunity, and I continue to learn from my Saviour. 

We have a great Colombian member here in Ourense her name is Rosa. Her husband, Jorge, has recently had a stroke and they detected that he had a cancerous tumor in his throat. Rosa was operated for her knee on Thursday, and has been suffering a lot. This 60 year old lady has been carrying her family for a long time, and in a matter of 2 weeks her life came changed dramatically. 

We always ask Rosa if there's anything that we can do to help her, but she always says no. Sunday afternoon she wanted someone to stay the night with him. They called around our small branch and it seemed like nobody could help her. We heard about it, and said we'd go. Many people said that she had family that should help her, or that she was taking advantage of the branch. I was a little upset with that attitude, and asked them what they would do if Jesus was there?



In the end we broke mission rules and stayed the night with him. I was unable to sleep because of the constant noise, and smell that was there. It wasn't fun, but I had a lot of time to think of why Ido I do? I'll be the first to say that I'm far from perfection and that I desperately need the atonement. I realized that many times I do the right thing because others may be watching me, to please my leaders, parents or friends. I knew it intellectually, but I needed to comprehend it Spiritually. I need to do the right thing because it's the right thing. Not for blessing that will inevitably come. I reflected on the hymn "Choose the Right" I need to always strive to chose the right and let the consequences follow. 

I know that my redeemer lives. He loves each one of us personally. He is my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment