Monday, July 20, 2015

#48 Tradition the Mission

This week we got some big news with our Colombian family that we helped reactivate, and baptise the grandmother. Esneda (Grandmother) had a son that got poisoned while drinking alcohol. He was in the ER and fighting between life and death. We prayed and fasted together, and receive news that he was now conscious. I learned a lot from this experience. One being that God loves us which is why He gave us commandments. Second being that prayer is powerful, and that we need to learn from our difficult experiences. This family drew closer together, and felt the love of their Father a little more. There is always something good that we can obtain from a difficult situation. 

The last thing I want to talk about was a song that was showed to me by an investigator. The whole song was not a missionary appropriate song, but I feel like this line can relate to us. "We've come a long way from where we began, and I'll tell you all about it when I see you again." To me this directly relates to prayer. every night we give an account of our day's proceedings to the Lord. I just hope that every day I can feel like I've taken good care of the part of the vineyard that the Lord entrusted me with. We all have something that the Lord has entrusted us with. I hope that we can  all see that we've come a long way. 

The love the Lord. His church has been restored, and is wonderful. I love you all and hope that you all have the greatest week of your vidas!!

Con amor Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment