Tuesday, April 28, 2015

#36 Get Pumped!!


People enjoying mexican food that I made...

Gotta be short!!

Quick story!! Brasilian!!

So two weeks ago we had a meeting with one of our investigator's mom. She's a Brasilian lady. She looked really mean, and I had heard stories of her ripping into missionaries! We had a lesson with her where we taught about prayer and the Book of Mormon. she said that she knew God wasn't there, and if He was then he was heartless. I told her to pray, and that I was suere that she'd feel God's love. She then said, "if by next time I don't have an answer then I never want to see you again."

Fast forward to Friday. We went to pick up Harry and Milena(Less active member and investigator) They told us that Eliana (Brasilian mom) wanted to talk to us. I was thinking.. Crap! Well then we went up and sat down. She said, "I want to be clear and direct." I was thinking.... super crap! She's going to drop us and then rip into me!
She proceeded to tell us that she had read 3 Nephi 11 twice, prayed to God, and recieved an answer. As she talked I could see her eyes light up and her smile grow. It sounds cheesey, but It's really what it was. It was awesome. She said that she could also feel of our love, something that she hadn't felt from any of the other missionaries in the past. She said that as she gets more comforable with God that she's going to come to church!!

I learned a lot form this expiernce. First off that I needed to have more faith and confidence in God. He will always answer our prayers. I also learned that we need to always be happy and express our love for God's other children. They will notice it! The church is true!!!

With lots of love Elder Bailey!!

Cozy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment