Monday, April 6, 2015

#34 Throw your shirt on and get to work!


This week was interesting... Ha everyone was failing on us, and nobody wanted to talk to us because it was Semana Santa.(Holy Week) We were still working hard! My comp would pump me up, and I would try to pump him up!

Future Missionaries
We showed up to this less active lady's house, after we had just confirmed the visit with her. She wasn't there, and then sent us a text that she couldn't meet anymore. We had rang the door like 3 times before she sent the text. I felt like we should wait a minute before we left. I don't know if I was just tired, or what, but we waited. 2 minutes later a shirtless man sticks his head out the window. We hang rang the door so much that we woke him up. He said, "Hola Elderes" I asked him what his name was. He said Vladamir. I couldn't believe it! The missionaries who had been there had told me to find Vladamir, but his name wasn't on any of the records, and none of the members knew about him. I was way excited!! I told him to throw on a shirt and that we were going me meet with him right now!!

He tossed us down the keys, and we went and taught him. As we were teaching his ex wife(Lady who failed on us) came in and we taught their family. We called them to action, and the Spirit helped them realize that they had to come back and contribute! It was one of the best lessons I've had on my mission! They came to the church and watched conference with their whole family!

I know the Lord opens doors when we do our part! I love seeing these little miracles and the progress which I see in my areas. God is awesome!

Elder Terry Bailey



No comments:

Post a Comment